3rd round mockup
Key goals for the applicator:
How might we increase the speed, precision and accuracy of the installation process so that there is always a proper alignment of the foam seal against the plenum.
- How might we increase transparency of the installation process so the worker knows if the foam seal is properly aligned and secured to the plenum?
- The applicator will align the seal against 4 rectangular patterned screw holes and a center bore
- The design allows for visual confirmation that the seal is placed and secured
- The design allows the user to have one free hand
- The design holds the foam seal while it is being placed, including when the applicator is flipped
- The design ensures repeatability and consistency of placement
1st Iteration Mockup
2nd Iteration Mockup
3rd Iteration Prototype
- Gained insight on converting designs between materials and processes.
- Learned how to create minimum viable prototypes to prove concepts